- Use clay with some grog/substance
- start with a good slab (not water logged)
- Go a little thicker than you think you need - thinner = warpier
- Compress the clay - don't just wipe it up with a rib so the surface looks good - really compress the clay. May mean you need to roll slab thicker initially.
- Make sure your form is architecturally sound ie. good joints and support where needed
- Don't move it around a lot - leave it flat as can be
- Dry is SLOWLY
- Don't leave it in a mold or surface so it sticks USE CORNSTARCH on surface of clay or mold.
- DRY SLOWLY again
- Bisque won't display warpage - Glaze will
- Fire as usual but be sure that the foot/ whatever touches kiln shelf can move freely.
Wednesday, May 2, 2012
OK - here is the Monarch Notes Version :
Posted by P.Bridges at 9:42 AM